Big Blue KDF/Carbon Heavy Metal Removal Filter – Size 20”x 4.5”
About KDF85 Media
This High Purity KDF Filter - KDF 85 can remove up to 99% of water-soluble lead, mercury, nickel, chromium, and other dissolved metals. All KDF Process Media forms are effective in controlling the buildup of bacteria, algae, fungi, and scale, making them ideal for use in GAC beds, ion exchange resins, carbon block filters and inline carbon filters. Wherever our Media are used, they can eliminate the need for costly, and sometimes harmful, chemical treatments.
KDF 85 Medium:
Removes or reduces iron and hydrogen sulfide from municipal or other water supplies. Also controls scale, bacteria and algae.
The granular activated carbon used in the filter is 100% sustainable coconut carbon. The activated carbon removes chlorine, chloramines, bad taste, and odors as well as helps the KDF media in removing lead and other heavy metals.
- Big Blue 4.5 X 20" KDF85/GAC Water Filer cartridge, 2 LBS KDF85 rest filter Balance is GAC Carbon coconut shell.
- 5 Micron Nominal filter woven is included to prevent carbon fines from passing through the filter.
- Operation Temperature: 40°F to 125°F
- Operation pressure 25 to 75 PSI maximum.
- To avoid a drop in water pressure at home, it's important to maintain a minimum operating pressure of 60 PSI.
- KDF 85 Media – NSF-42 Certified