Big Blue KDF/Carbon Heavy Metal Removal Filter – Size 20”x 4.5”
Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF) media is a copper-zinc compound that uses a oxidation/reduction (redox) chemical reaction to remove heavy metals including lead, iron and mercury as well as chlorine and hydrogen sulphide from the in-flowing water.
The copper in the KDF compound also acts to kill of virsuses and bacteria and prevents fungal/algae growth. Copper has been used as a natural disinfectant for centuries, and is being used in hospital to combat resistant bacteria “ie Superbugs”
The granular activated carbon used in the filter is 100% sustainable coconut carbon. The activated carbon removes chlorine, chloramines, bad taste and odors as well helps the KDF media in removing lead and other heavy metal.
- 5 Micron Nominal filter membrane included to prevent carbon fines from passing through the filter.
- Operation Temperature: 40°F to 125°F
- Operation pressure 25 to 75 PSI maximum.
- Removes: Chlorine, Bad Taste & Odors, Heavy Metals, Bacteria
- Coconut Shell Activated Carbon – NSF-61 Certified
- KDF 55 Media – NSF-42 Certified