Cation Resin Filter Cartridge
- Filter Media: Cation Resin
- Capacity : 2080 grains or 35,600 ppm
- Inner Diameter: 30mm
- Outer Diameter: 70mm
- Size 2.5" x 19 7/8" Fits most standard 20" size housings and most reverse osmosis systems.
- Reduces of TDS or hardness as required, or can be used as a pre-filter to prevent build-up of scale on sensitive equipment.
- Maximum Recommended Flow: 2.5 to 5 GPM ( depends on the incoming water pressure)
- Operation Temperature 40°F to 100°F (Maximum Temperature)
- Maximum pressure: 125 PSI (8.6 bar)
- Minimum pressure: 20 PSI (1.4 bar)
- Micron rating: 5 nominal
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- All filters are individually wrapped
For Hardness Reduction, Softening your water by releasing Hydrogen (H+) ions or other positively charged ions in exchange for impurity cations present in the water. The process involves passing water containing hardness ions, namely calcium (Ca2+) and magnesium (Mg2+) through a column containing a strongly acidic cation exchange resin in the sodium (Na+) form (i.e. the exchangeable cations are sodium). The calcium and magnesium ions are exchanged for an equivalent number of sodium ions. The resin, once exhausted, (i.e. all the available sodium ions have been exchanged) must be re-charged. This entails passing a solution containing a high concentration of sodium salts such as brine (sodium chloride) through the ion exchange resin - a process known as regeneration.