This system is well-suited for all range reef aquarium owners. It can provide you with distilled quality pure water, boasting an impressive 99.99% purity with 0 PPM (parts per million). You also have the option to incorporate a side reservoir tank, allowing you to manage the automatic filling and system shutdown through the use of the float valve (105369).
With proper maintenance and timely replacement of the DI filter, you can produce up to 700 gallons of RODI (Reverse Osmosis Deionization) water. It's crucial to keep the DI resin consistently in place to prevent the cation and anion resins from separating. If these resins separate, the filter will fail, and you'll need to replace the media. For more detailed information about the filter, please refer to Life Check (104050).
A critical tip to remember is always to bypass the DI filter stage when flushing your RO system during filter setup or changes.
5-Stage Saltwater Aquarium RODI Unit with Float Valve
Producing 99.99% pure water, this is a great system if you are looking for a reverse osmosis unit for your saltwater aquarium or hydroponics setup. Included float valve shuts off the system when your tank is full.
Please Note: For higher capacity configurations (150 GPD or more) we highly recommend adding a booster pump to achieve maximum output from the system.
Tank and faucet are not included with this system
Stages of Filtration:
- 1st Stage: 1 Micron Polypropylene Sediment Filter 104001
- 2nd Stage: Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) Filter 104004
- 3rd Stage: 5 Micron Carbon Block (CTO) Filter 104005
- 4th Stage: Stage: TFC 50GPD RO Membrane 104092
- 5th Stage: Refillable Inline Mixed Bed DI Filter 104050
Note: Our Refillable DI Cartridges can be refilled with our bulk DI resin (part #104135-5)
- Bad Tastes and Odors
- Cysts (Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba & Toxoplasma)
- 5-stage RO/DI Unit
- Selected RO Membrane (Price may vary)
- One set of installed pre-filters
- Housing wrench and installation accessory pack
- Optional Booster Pump if selected (Price may vary)
- Float Valve Part #105369
- The rejection rate of 99.99% of TDS‡ after the DI Stage
- Product Water:
- 0 ppm TDS
- Conductivity <0.1uS/cm
- Resistivity approx. 18 MO
- Product to Waste Ratio: 1:2
- Physical Dimensions:
- RO Unit: 15" L x 6" D x 17" H;
- Total Weight: Approx. 27 lbs
- Operation Temperature: 40-104°F / Maximum temperature 40°C.
- System Operating Pressure: 45-75PSI.
For lower than 45 PSI you must add a booster pump high-pressure shut-off switch.
Higher than 75 PSI Add a pressure control valve to fix the pressure @60-65PSI.
Warning: This system should only be used with a biologically safe water supply.
Filter cartridges should be changed every 6-12 months under domestic conditions. Filter life varies and depends on the water source quality.
‡ Total Dissolved Solids