- Rust Out chemically removes iron and rust buildup that coats the resin bed and fouls the softener. This iron buildup is not totally removed during normal regeneration of a water softener. Using Rust Out in a water softener will eliminate rust and foreign matter from the resin bed.
- This increases the life of the softener and reduces rust staining on household fixtures and other surfaces. Use regularly as preventative maintenance to ensure the softening and recharging efficiency of the softener’s resin bed.
- Water Softeners: Rust Out dissolves the iron in the mineral bed and is rinsed from the softener much the same as salt brine. First Application: Dissolve 1 cup in 1/2 gallon cold water. Pour directly into brine well (softeners with no brine well, pour directly into salt tank when salt level is low.) Manually regenerate softener. Repeat for heavily fouled unit.
- Preventative Maintenance: Add 1/4 cup for every 40 lb. of salt added to brine tank. Layer to ensure a continuous dose with each regeneration.
- General Purpose Cleaning: Dishwasher, dishes, glassware, white clothes or fabrics, and water softeners - follow directions on the back of the package.
Features and Benefits:
- Changes rust and iron into a clear solution that easily rinses away, and does not contain harsh or abrasive chemicals that can damage fiberglass, porcelain or acrylic finishes. Multipurpose cleaner that out-performs the competition when it comes to removing tough rust stains from toilets, sinks, tubs, white clothes, water softeners and exterior surfaces. Rust Out’s advanced formula contains more than 5 chemicals that are designed to clean and prolong the life of water softeners.
- Rust Out is a white powdered mixture with a sulfur odor. It is a reducing agent that chemically changes rust into a clear, soluble state that easily rinses away. [This change is: Fe3 to Fe2 (Ferric to Ferrous).]
- Sodium Hydrosulfite CAS#7775-14-6
- Sodium Metabisulfate CAS#7681-57-4
- Other Additives N/A
Storage and Handling :
- Store separately from combustible, organic or other readily oxidable reactive materials. Keep covered and store in dry location. Read relevant Material Safety Data Sheet before handling this product.