Strong Acid Cation / 5 Lbs Bulk Resin
A High Capacity Cation Exchange Resin for Domestic Applications
For Hardness Reduction , Softening your water
- Five pounds of Cation resin is enough to refill minimum 10 times in-line refillable filter housing
2"x10" or 7 times of the refillable 2.5"x10" filter housing that fits inside a standard 10" housing.
High Grade Cation Softening Resin
Ideal for applications where the reduction of TDS or hardness is required
Or can be used as a pre filter to prevent build-up of scale on sensitive equipment
- Maximum Recommended Flow: 1.0 GPM ( 3.79 LPM)
- Estimated Capacity: Total 5600 Grains / or Approx 96000 PPM
- Operation Temperature 40°F to 100°F (Maximum Temperature)
- Maximum Pressure: 125 PSI
- Micron Rating: 5 Nominal
- Total Weight: 5 lbs
- Filter Media: Cation Resin
- Filter Life: Approximately 10500 Gallons
Cation Exchange Resin Cartridge
For Hardness Reduction , Softening your water by releasing Hydrogen (H+) ions or other positively charged ions in exchange for impurity cations present in the water.
The process involves passing water containing hardness ions, namely calcium (Ca2+) and magnesium (Mg2+) through a column containing a strongly acidic cation exchange resin in the sodium (Na+) form (i.e. the exchangeable cations are sodium). The calcium and magnesium ions are exchanged for an equivalent number of sodium ions. The resin, once exhausted, (i.e. all the available sodium ions have been exchanged) must be re-charged. This entails passing a solution containing a high concentration of sodium salts such as brine (sodium chloride) through the ion exchange resin - a process known as regeneration.
COMMON CATIONS: Hydrogen (H+), Sodium (NA+), Potassium (K+), Calcium (CA+2), Magnesium (MG+2), Ferrose (FE+2), Ferric (FE+3)